not all character development exists to make someone a better person
people turn into assholes, too. They become more manipulative, arrogant, clingy, irritated… complex.
and that’s okay, that’s important.
✧･ﾟ:*✧･ﾟ:* \(◕‿◕✿)/ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
(Source: moriartyrps, via psuedopurrloin)
Anonymous said: Hey, so this is an odd question, but I know you are a linguist and have talked about con langs and stuff before. Anyway, I was wondering if you had any advice or sources or anything to help people come up with fictional slang that doesn't sound completely stupid.
Not an odd question at all, and even if it were, I am happy to answer it!
Someone sent this ask to my personal blog, and I thought I’d reblog it here for all ya’ll on AQoC!
Character Development Questions #4
- If your character found a magic genie lamp and was granted three wishes, what would they be?
- If your character could meet one historical figure, who would it be? (Also: If they’re from a fictional world, what heroes from their culture’s past would they want to meet?)
- Your character gets the opportunity to go back in time and change one decision they made in their past. Do they do it? If so, what do they change?
- What is your character’s biggest insecurity about their a) personality and b) appearance?
- Describe your character’s ideal romantic and/or sexual partner (if applicable).
- Where does your character hope to be in ten years’ time? Is it a physical place, an emotional state, something else?
- If your character is from a world other than our modern-day real world, how they react if they suddenly ended up in our world?
- Does your character feel like they fit in with their culture, or are they at odds with it?
- Your character sees someone being bullied in the streets. How do they react?
- How susceptible to peer pressure is your character? What about pressure from their family?
- Just for Fun: If your character could transport themselves into one ‘existing’ fictional universe, which would they choose (or other universe, if they’re already an OC for an existing universe)?
I am eternally searching for an accurate way to describe in writing that look that you give someone when they ask you a question and the answer is “What are you, stupid? Duh.”